Wednesday 3 August 2011

Adventure Time Inspired Series - Engagement Ring Princess



That's right. Adventure Time. I haven't watched much Disney recently but my younger brother got me hooked on this show via youtube (as it shows on Cartoon Network which I've never had... I have never lived in a house with SkyTV or whatever else :\ ) This look is inspired by the Engagement Ring Princess. She's a background character in a few episodes. I thought her colours were pretty and also she has a ring on her head which is neat. She is the first but she won't be the last!

More photos and products used after the cut.




On this particular day, I did a wet set with my soft rag-style rollers overnight. I find them quite uncomfortable to sleep in but I wanted to try it. As yet I don't have any heated curlers (only a curling wand thing), or enough velcro and foam rollers for my whole head, so I did a set that used rag rollers from the Vintage Hairstyle book. I was supposed to achieve a 1940's Film Noir look. I must've done something wrong (I am clearly yet to master brushing out a set of curls and finishing a style) as it was much fuller and shorter (because it was curlier) than intended. Look at them ringlets.

I don't yet have any pomade either, so I used Aussie take the heat leave in styling cream spread over my hands in a thin film whilst styling. It was helpful, but I think it will work better when I have some real pomade. While I'm on the subject of hair, I am planning a turquoise streak. And also, I was once a doll on hallowe'en with ringlets like this and false eyelashes top and bottom... it was creepy.


Products
Base - UDPP in Eden, NYX Jumbo pencil in Milk
Eyeshadows - The Balm Luscious Lani, MAC Pigment in Mutiny (my mum stopped by a CCO this week and bought me my first pigments! Mutiny and Hi-Def Cyan. It is nice because they're still stocked in the bigger jars at CCOs!), Inglot Matte Lilac 379, Matte Pink 362 and Matte Skintone 352 to blend, Barry M Dazzledust in 86 Pink Shimmer.
Liner/Mascara/Brows - Boujois Clubbing Liner in Black, waterline rimmed with Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Baked (with dab of Sugarpill Chromalust in Goldilux to set), Gold liner from The Body Shop (below flick), Boujois Volumizer mascara. Filled in my brows blue with Inglot matte 388.
Face - Laura Mercier oil-free tinted moisturizer in Porcelain, set with my trusty Clinique powder. The Balm Cabana Boy blush.

I finally set up a twitter! It is the same name as here - RuthsMakeup. I don't really get how to use it. I suppose it only works if I have something to say. Talk to me, save me from myself!?
Ruth x

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE Adventure Time!!! I think it's really cool that you were inspired by it :)

    Your hair looks lovely too. I've been practicing with my hot rollers but I haven't been able to produce anything that I can wear in public...yet. But your ringlets are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, you look like a princess with those curls! I just learned to curl my hair today but it didn't look anythingggg like that. I'm going to follow you on twitter as well (I'm fairly new to it too, don't really know what all the fuss is about yet..)

    P.S. Check out my giveaway!
    http://pigmentsandpalettes.blogspot.com/2011/08/20000-giveaway-for-my-200-followers.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. your hair is so so so beautiful. and you are AMAZING at liquid liner! basically, I'm just really jealous right now :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love your hair, the dark blue eyebrows, and the hint of pink under the eye :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. GAH CUTE HAIR! I actually thought it was cute in rollers too... anywho, love Adventure Time and the makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FML, your hair is AMAZING. I'mma come steal it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Thanks everyone. Stay tuned, one of my favourite Adventure Time characters is coming up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome hair! The curls look so pretty in blue.

    ReplyDelete