Saturday 13 August 2011

Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette - so far so good!


I really love the texture of the eyeshadows in this palette above all else. I am already over the finger print Hell that is it's shiny metal packaging... because Blackout is INCREDIBLE. I'm sure anyone who cares to has seen plenty of swatches, reviews etc as I have been up to my eyeballs in information about this one myself.

Of course it's silly if you buy into the hype around a product (just because it sold out in America and so on) and end up with dupes or a generally unneeded product (no matter how good it is). I will say this - it has many similar colours to the Naked Palette (variations on a theme) and the teal and purples are similar to MUA £1 eyeshadows I own but rarely use. However, I love it! Haha. Flow is such a weird colour (peachy shimmer) - definatlely unique to my stash. And overall, they're all just that little bit different enough for me. And they're so smoooooooooooooth.

I have probably passed over into true make-up madness (ooh that sounds fun, I hope I have).




Flow (Inner highlight), Half truth (Lid), Omen (Above crease), tiny touch of Blackout (Outer-v), Deep End (lower lid).

This faded quite badly through the day even though I used UDPP in Eden and a couple of 24/7 pencils as coloured bases (Electric under the eye and Ransom on the lid). I forgive you Urban Decay as it was very humid in work today (this is my excuse, but they did have the under floor heating on... in August. It's never on when we need it. Sigh.) Looks like I am developing a few little spots on the top of my nose also... oh joy :( 



This evening I got bored and wanted to play with my new toy (post-work make-up removal therefore = bare cheek) so I used UDPP, Blackout with Evidence on the lid and my Inglot matte white to create a dramatic winged eye (with a giant eyebrow). I could only be bothered to do one eye.

I will keep experimenting. I think Junkshow and Ace would make a sweet coupling. What dya reckon?

Ruth x

4 comments:

  1. Ooh I love the second look! Nice shape :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, the second look is kick ass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sepia Raven and Robyn. I am trying to be more dramatic with black. I shy away from it. It is time! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the shape of the second look!

    ReplyDelete