Monday 9 May 2011

Copycatting Cora/vintageortacky (and the first copycatter Julia/MissJBM22)



I saw Cora's Raspberry and Lime look on youtube when she first put it up last week. Then yesterday I saw Julia's inspired look here. It was decided. I needed to try a raspberry and lime eye... like NOW. So that is what I did. When I do a direct comparison, I see I didn't make such a sharp cat-like shape and I didn't use winged liner. But that's where this colour combination came to me.






Products:
Base: UDPP, NYX Jumbo pencil in Milk (lid and inner corner), Illamasqua cream pigment in Bedaub (mint green, lid), UD 24/7 liner in Asphyxia (crease).
Eyeshadows: Inglot colours (Light green AMC 59, Matte grass green 384, Raspberry AMC 74, Matte pink 362, Matte white 373 and Matte skintone 352 to blend) and MUA purple with blue duochrome (under eye). Fyrinnae Leopard Print Galaxy on the very inner corner.
Liner: UD 24/7 liner in Ransom (purple with blue duochrome) and a tiny bit of Illamasqua precision ink in Abyss (it's running out, but I don't wanna get rid :( ... it no longer glides on smoothly over layers of bases and shadows)
Mascara: Boujois Volumizer in black.
Eyebrows: Matte browns from Sleek Paraguaya palette (mostly Sandstone)
Skin: Clinique Almost make-up in 01 Fair and translucent powder. A little Illamasqua Rich liquid foundation in 140 as concealer for my GIANT chin spot.
Blush: MAC l/e Wonder Woman in Amazon Princess.

I did a little comparison of some of my light greens on my hand before I started, and they're all quite different. I picked this Inglot one because it's not too shiny or glittery, it's more of a matte with glitter specks. The NARS Rated R green has a light sheen to it, and Fyrinnae OMGWTF is much more of a green green (less yellow).
In retrospect I would've darkened my crease more like Cora and Julia did. I always fear it'll look too much. In other news, my skin is feeling really supple and lovely so far using a the oily Botanics make-up remover and the Oilatum face cream.

Ruth x

No comments:

Post a Comment