Monday 9 May 2011

Matching eyes and nails

I got a few new nail polishes the other day from feelunique.com. I hadn't realised they stocked nubar polishes and bought some on ebay (for a higher price + postage...) before finding this out. They also stock Essie for lower than RRP, so I got myself a new bottle of Good to go! (my favourite top coat). And with free postage this may be my new nail polish website... for now.

While we're on the subject I recently resisted an orly polish sale on brand alley. I'm proud of myself.

I got another of the nubar green polishes - Wildlife. They still have Reclaim in stock so UK holographic polish lovers, go get one. I resisted getting a back up because I've only used my original twice but yanno. I could look at these two all day! Green + pretty shimmering effects = I am all over it. Instead of holo, this one's a duochrome. A really pronounced, green and gold-copperish-pink duochrome. I adore it.


So to match my nails I decided to do a green and gold eye for work (not very exciting but, I thought, quite pretty and simple)...




Base: UDPP and Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Mildew
Eyeshadows: Urban Decay Ammo palette - Mildew (middle lid) and Sin (inner highlight), Sleek Acid - Palette khaki green and black  (crease).
Lower lid: UD 24/7 liner in Baked
Mascara and liner: Tiny line of Illamasqua precision ink in Abyss (it's seen better days/on it's last legs) and Revlon Grow Luscious mascara in Brown.
Brows: MAC brow pencil in Stud (just to lightly fill in tail and gaps)
Blush: MAC l/e Wonder Woman in Mighty Aphrodite.

Also used my usual Clinique tinted moisturizer and powder (this was before a horrible giant spot burst out on my chin two days ago... good times).

Ruth x

No comments:

Post a Comment