Monday 16 May 2011

Deep-blue EOTD



I love blue eyeshadow. When I look in the mirror with any blue eyeshadow on, I can see all the orange tones of my brown eyes. I also feel like it makes my skin look paler (which is how I like it). I had wanted to use the blue half of Rated R as an all over lid colour, and this was what came out today.

I just this morning (still in my pyjamas, much to the amusement of the postie) got the three sets of Real Techniques brushes by Samantha Chapman (aka half of Pixiwoo). I therefore decided I would use only these new brushes to test them out. Fun! I ended up using 2/3 of them, which is a bit mad. And now I need to wash them (boo!) I like them so far, they are certainly worth the money. One thing i've noticed whilst using the brushes in the way they are labeled is that the angled brow brush has softer, bendier bristles than the others, and is a bit thick for my liking.
I will probably use this 1. when my Illamasqua brow brush is dirty or 2. for lower lid/waterline liner.


Products:
Base: UDPP, Nyx jumbo eyeshadow pencils in Cottage Cheese (inner corner) and Pacific (lid)
Eyeshadows:
Inner corner - Inglot shimmer white DS 496, white with blue glitter AMC shine 28 and matte bright blue 371 Lid - Rated R (blue half)
Crease - MAC Jeanius l/e Motorhead (also patted over bottom lid liner), Inglot 378 (glittery brown) and AMC 65 (glittery black)
To blend - Inglot matte white 373 and skintone 352.
Liner: Illamasqua Precision ink in Abyss, Kryolan cream liner in Aqua blue (waterline), UD 24/7 liner in Binge (bottom lid).
Mascara: Boujois Volumizer in black
Brows: Free gift matte brown eyeshadow from Clinique (I find this or the browns from the Paraguaya Sleek palette to be pretty good matches for me).
Foundation: Clinique Almost make-up in 01 Fair and their translucent powder.
Blush: MAC l/e Venomous Villains Bite of an Apple (cheek) and Darkly my Dear (under cheek/bit of a contour).


Today I also visited the post office to collect my latest Nars blush - Oasis (bought with another Diet Coke £5 code). It is almost exactly the same colour as Darkly my Dear except it has gold glitter/shimmer. I think it's super pretty from swatching it...no matter what Bobbi Brown says, I don't think glitter or shimmery blushes really show that much, and I think it makes my face look dewy and fresh... so nerr!!

I've nearly run out of my Clinique tinted moisturizer and I was considering getting a Stila one from a brandalley sale but then I changed my mind (even though a fiver is very cheap) because I'm thinking of getting the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. Since it's so expensive, I'm scared I'll be disappointed. I've also considered a Vichy one, but there are no testers for their line in my local Boots and I want a good colour match.

Anyone have a recommendation for me? I like light-medium coverage and an SPF.

Ruth x

5 comments:

  1. I got given a Hissyfit foundation. It's really light but and has SPF 50! I think it's like £20, possibly a bit to expensive but i like it. ANYWAY. I love the blue on you, and Bobbi Brown can suck it, shimmery blush rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm a brand I have not heard of, I'll check it out, need a good SPF for summer and that's the same price as the Clinique one (which is overpriced and only SPF 20)
    Thanks Robyn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful face you have. The blue liner and blue shadow combo is gorgeous. Love the blush as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! Thank you, that's a big compliment from you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this color!!!

    Your are nice!! you know.

    ReplyDelete