Tuesday 7 June 2011

No7 five pound vouchers and A-Z of me!

I finally got a higher protection cream for my face for the summer - SPF 50 from No7 - I haven't used it yet as I've been indoors, and it's been quite overcast (I usually use an SPF 15 from Olay everyday anyway). But I'll be using it if the sun ever comes out again... When I bought it, I instantly got another voucher (these vouchers, for anyone who doesn't know, are given to all £5+ purchases, and this cost £6 with the first voucher) so I also bought their shine-free primer (£6 with voucher). I haven't tried this either as I'm using up a MAC prep+prime sample I was sent at Christmas. But I will see what I think. 

I've never bothered to use these vouchers before because nothing really appealed to me from their range but I might give one of their mascaras a go with another voucher. We'll see.

A-Z of me... 
Robyn did this tag so I thought I would, too!

A. Age: 24
B. Bed size: Single atm (back at the parents house for the time being) It's a pretty fancy antique bed but it is very much single.
C. Chore you hate: I need to wash my bedding (speaking of beds!)
D. Day: This varies week to week as I don't work set days but... It's usually mid-week. I tend to work weekends :(
E. Essential start to your day: Cadbury Brunch Bars (I am addicted), and usually make-up (unless I'm ill)
F. Favourite colour: I would say blues and greens, green-blues and blue-greens right now. But for most of my life - red.
G. Gold or Silver: I don't really have any real jewelry if that's what you mean, but I wear two silver bangles all the time and would pick silver over gold usually. I'm contrary, I just bought an A-England gold nail polish called Holy Grail that I can't wait to try :D
H. Height: 5′4"
I. Instruments: I tried to play acoustic guitar and piano as a child (I had lessons), failed miserably, and was discouraged.
J. Job title: "Enabler" in a museum (haha, that means something else in make-up circles, but that's my job!)
K. Kids: I've never wanted to have children. My mother is a midwife and I think that put me off a bit.
L. Live: Rotherham at the minute... a dump betwixt Sheffield and Doncaster.
M. Mum’s name: Linda. She doesn't have a middle name.
N. Nicknames: My name is already one syllable so my nicknames tend to be longer - Ruthy, Ruby, Ruthio etc
O. Overnight hospital stays: None.
P. Pet peeve: People who don't say please and thank you, people who talk on the phone while you're serving them and don't acknowledge you're there at all (I feel like short-changing them, to see if they notice that!), people calling me "Love" in a condescending way, general rudeness (walking into me and acting like it's me that's in the wrong etc)... I'm sure there are more.
Q. Quote from a movie: "Why sir... do you not know that for a mere five cents more you can purchase a large beverage? And you know I'm only telling you this because we're such good friends, medium is only really for suckers who don't know the concept of value!"
R. Right or left handed: Lefty.
S. Siblings: Three. Older sister (28), older brother (26), younger brother (19).
T. Time you wake up: 7:30- 8:00 (usually)
U. Underwear: I prefer high-waisted pants or seamless pants (M&S all the way). I will never ever ever ever ever wear a thong, thanks.
V. Vegetables you dislike: Mushrooms, but I don't think they are a vegetable. Fungus is a separate class all of it's own. That's about it really. I don't like onion if it's raw. If I eat them by accident, I feel sick for about an hour afterwards, but i'm not sure if it's just the thought of it as I wouldn't eat onions at all as a child, or it's possible i'm allergic? I like pickled onions though because vinegar is GOD.
W. What makes you run late: Other people! I am not usually late on my own, but I have a genetically late father and sister, who very rarely run on time, and if I'm with them then they make me late.
X. X-Rays you’ve had: Teeth. That's it. Does that even count?
Y. Yummy food you make: I like my veggie chilli (with quorn) and I make a mean jacket potato with cheese, roast veg (peppers and cherry tomatos usually) and garlic which I mush into the potato (I ate this just now and last night too. Love it!)
Z. Zoo: I want to see a Giant Panda before I die (all time favourite animal). Animals I have seen and love include: all kinds of cats (cheetahs and tigers especially), red pandas, orangutans, pigmy hippos, slow loris and all kinds of lemurs. I don't like whales, the sheer size freaks me out, for this reason I would actually love to see one for real.

Ruth x

6 comments:

  1. Jacket potato = WIN. I know this sounds dumb but jacket potatoes are bloody awesome. Also, I love slow loriseses! I went to an amazing zoo in Valencia on holiday and the lemur part was an island where all the lemurs were running free. They only let you in a few at a time, and you could get soooo close! And whale watching is awesome, I've seen humpbacks and orcas, and this is really lame to say but it is sort of magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your description of Jacket potato made me want to try it :) All I ever had in US was with sour cream and cheese (but people usually add chives and bacon too). You Brits take Jacket potato to a meal LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, that's funny how you're an Enabler...but in a museum. Must be fun to tell people who are interested in makeup what you do for a living. :P
    - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Ghost World quote..
    My friend and I at high school were a little like enid and rebecca haha!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogger didn't show me all these comments! Argh! Thanks for all the lovely replies everybody.

    Robyn - I am jealous even though whales are freeeeeeeaky.
    Thess - Thanks :D
    Lyuba-chan - I loooooooooove potato. It must be because I'm a tiny bit Irish (??)
    Mary - Haha I never thought of how weird that was until I was writing this out. But that's the official title of my job :p
    postblue - :) I love Ghost World and I need to read more Daniel Clowes comics also :)

    x

    ReplyDelete