Thursday 1 September 2011

Adventure Time Inspired Series - Marceline


Marceline (the Vampire Queen) is a mischievous friend of Finn and Jake. She is over 1000 years old! She can also turn into a bat and a wolf when angry. But don't be scared... she doesn't live off blood alone - she can suck the red out of things instead! Anything red will do. She plays an axe bass guitar (like Gene Simmons) and has a strained relationship with her dad (The Lord of Evil) as he ate her fries and then stole her guitar! She also thinks he just doesn't care enough.


I did this FOTD inspired by Marceline's colours. She wears different outfits all the time, but usually wears red, black, grey and blue. Her skin is very pale grey-blue. I went with white *shrug*. Click to see more!





Trying to look scary...? Well, I'm scared. Of my nostrils.

Products
Eye base - UDPP in Eden, NYX Jumbo pencil in Milk, Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner pencil in Gunmetal (crease).
Eyeshadows - Inglot matte white (lid and browbone) and shimmering white (inner corner), Urban Decay Ace (gunmetal in crease), and Blackout (matte black to darken crease).
Eyeliner - Boujois clubbing liquid liner (black), Inglot red AMC gel liner, Sugarpill chromalust in Royal Sugar (mixed with Illamasqua sealing gel).
Mascara/Brows - Rimmel Lash Accelerator (black), GOSH eyebrow powder set - darkest colour.
Face - Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizer in Porcelain, set with Guerlain Pressed Meteorites powder in Mythic Parfait with a little bit of Clinique translucent mix loose powder for my nose. The Balm Cabana Boy blush.

I wanted to tightline and wear false lashes but my right eye is still a little bit upset with me. Note to self - be more careful in future. I'm going on a coach to London this morning to stay with a friend for the weekend and so sadly won't be able to update until Monday. However, I will probably come back with many new goodies (if I get a chance to shop!) It's my first time going ALONE to London. Eep!

Thanks for looking,
Ruth x

11 comments:

  1. OH EM GEE! This is so freakin' awesome and beautiful! Such a cool inspiration as well..I love that show. Amazing job, love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! It's a little different than what I've seen you do lately and it's awesome! So elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHE LOOKS LIKE YOU!

    This is an awesome look! I can never go that crazy with liner, I don't have a steady enough hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. O_O
    Red liner. Awesome.

    That entire look... awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for doing these looks, I don't think I've ever laughed harder at a cartoon. This look is amazing, I'm in love with all the integrated liner colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Marcelene and love your eyeliner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my god, I LOOOOOOVE the liner! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh God this is stunning! That liner is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! What lovely comments to come back from London to. Thanks you guyyyys.

    I have an Illamasqua based-post planned for later today, and will probably do another Adventure Time look tomorrow. Woo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! I love the black and red liner!!! That is way too neat.

    ReplyDelete