Tuesday 18 October 2011

Adventure Time Inspired Series - Slime Princess




I've seen a lot of green looks around lately because of The Makeup Heroes Depression Awareness Week posts. If you haven't seen them already I insist you check them out -  

Robyn  - wearing green ALL over (awesome).
Wendy - looking sweet and subtle.
Kathy Effing Jacobs - rocking green with her lovely red hair.
Priscilla - gorgeous forrest green (and her brows are flawless).
Helen - brilliant dramatic smokey green.
Jerry - Jerry Dazzlepants indeed! Love the lower lash/lid colours.

Hope I linked to each look (so far) and didn't miss anyone out. I gather there are more to come. Keep your eyes peeled. I am not a Make-up Hero but I have suffered with depression and anxiety like so many others and just thought I'd draw attention to these lovely posts with all their information and inspirational eye make-up - it's all good stuff and they are all worth following if you don't already!

Now, Slime Princess. She is one of many princesses in the Land of Ooo and has her own underground Slime Kingdom. She's so upbeat and cute - she wants to marry Finn for rescuing her and she kisses alligators. She was what I thought of when I thought green and Adventure Time (that and Finn's backpack, which isn't even a person). More photos and products below.


Products -
Eyeshadow base - Urban Decay Primer Potion, Inglot yellow AMC liner (centre of eyelid) and a dab of NYX Jumbo pencil in Milk (inner corner).
Eyeshadows - Inglot skintone (352 - blending), matte medium green (384 - crease), glittery yellow (474 - centre lid) and chartreuse (AMC 59 - edges of lid), MAC Sassy Grass (to deepen edges), Urban Decay Naked (to blend crease), Sugarpill Absinthe chromalust (inner corner).
Eyeliner/Mascara/Brows - Sugarpill Tipsy chromalust (used wet with MAC water-based mixing medium), Boujois clubbing liner intense in Black (very close to lashes for some definition), tightlined with Urban Decay 24/7 pencil eyeliner in Perversion, waterline lightening with Illamasqua medium pencil in Vow (set with Inglot 352 matte skintone), Boujois Volumizer Mascara in Black, Brows filled in with MAC Chromaline in Marine Ultra.
Face - Illamasqua skinbase in 07, Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer in Light, Illamasqua cream blush in Rude, E.L.F translucent powder, MAC blush in Bite of an Apple (Venomous Villains collection), lipbalm.

I got some great news yesterday and I suppose I'll share it here (why not). I had been feeling a bit down in my current job and started applying for make-up related things. Somehow I have landed a Christmas temping job at my local MAC counter. I start a week on Saturday and I'm pretty bloody excited. Wish me luck?!

Ruth xx

13 comments:

  1. :O WHERE is your MAC counter? I want to come and buy pretty things from you! Congrats, that's so good!

    I love this look... I have Tipsy on it's way so I'm going to try foiling it. And THANK YOU for linking to all our posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these greens are gorgeous! I love Absinthe, it's one of my favorite colors of all time now. Anyway, great look! We'd love for you to be a Makeup Hero *pokepokehinthint*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!! Congrats!! I'm super jealous but so happy for you. Hope all goes well at the new job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, and OMG, you look amaaaaazing in green!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay thanks guys. It is the Debenhams counter in Meadowhall, Sheffield. They gave me a start date. Super exciteddddd.

    Wendy - I'd totally take you up on that but i'd be a late poster and upset people and also don't think I'd dare do videos. I watch all of your guyses though. Maybe if I man up in the future ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your job! You're so lucky!

    On topic, this is a wonderfully bright look! A bit ironic that you chose such a happy character as inspiration for this look, but it helps lighten up the mood a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. really pretty green!! and for a great cause, best of luck in the new job, i hope you get to do some fun make up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can guest post for the MUH if you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool look. I love the slightly-different green for the cats eye. It adds great dimension. Also, congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone, I start next Saturday. The nerves are kicking in!

    Robyn - I would maaaaaaaaaaaybe blog post one day if I could (that would be sweet) but - how can you hear your own voice back? I have always struggled with that aspect of videos the most!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AMG, this is amaaaaaazing!!! I love it! Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah! This is so pretty. I love the intense chartreuse in the center. This look is all around fantastic. Thank you so much for the link by the way! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome look! Good luck with your new job.

    ReplyDelete