Thursday 27 October 2011

Two EOTDs and thoughts on The Balm Frat Boy blush.


On the eyes I used UDPP and UD 24/7 liner in Electric as a base with Sugarpill Afterparty on the lid, the blue half of NARS Rated R in the crease, Urban Decay Blackout (matte black) in the outer v and Ace (also from UD 15th Anniversary palette under lower lashes). My blush was The Balm Frat Boy with a pop of MAC Bite of an Apple on the apples of my cheeks.

For more thoughts, click through!

Using Flow (inner corner), Tainted (inner 2/3 lid), Junkshow (outer lid/crease) and Blackout (outer v) from the Urban Decay 15th Anniversary palette with Frat Boy blush once more. I really loved this blush in my last few shifts in my old job. It's matte, which is different from my other The Balm blushes. The texture is still just as light, smooth and dreamy as the shimmery ones, and so I adore it! I wore it most days since I received it in a sample box from Carmine (last week).

Looking at these pictures, things always seem well blended in the (bad) early morning light! When I see the pictures up close I whince. I'm making a mental note to work on that! So anyway, I subscribed to Carmine because I wanted this blush. I have wanted it for a few months. It wasn't in the brandalley sale I shopped for my other The Balm products or I would've bought it then. Peach blushes (esp. matte ones) seem to suit me. I even like it with no eye-makeup at all. So fresh!


Hope you're all having a top week,

Ruth x

3 comments:

  1. That blush is very cute on you! And your eyelashes look craaaazay long in the first pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this sounds superficial but I just love the way you look! Love your blog too. I love Bite Of An Apple blush, Illamasqua Lover would be lovely on you. It's a true peach xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blush is fantastic on you! I love both the eye looks, too!

    ReplyDelete