Monday 11 April 2011

Sophie Theallet Facechart EOTD





This was what made me want to start taking inspiration from facecharts. That and getting a pad of them at the Illamasqua school (I'll start designing my own one day, I'm sure). So I made an interpretation based on this beautiful chart from fashion week, which I found on specktra.net. I ended up changing what I liked about it the most (the split liner under the eye), but I'm sure I'll take inspiration from it in the future (and do it right next time!) A little research led me to some pictures from backstage at the Sophie Theallet show. If you look closely at the facechart, some of the MAC products used are not out yet... interesting...



Here I go with my first 'loosely based on the facechart' EOTD...





I used MAC soft ochre paint pot and Illamasqua cream pigment in Mould as a base. Illamasqua pencil in Vow on waterline and winged out, with a matte cream shadow over the top (Inglot 352).

The eyeshadows used were Sugarpill Love+ (which goes burgundy over the cream pigment! lovely!) and Inglot 352 (again!) to help blend.

Eyeliner was Illamasqua Precision ink in Abyss and Inglot matte AMC liner in number 79 (red).

I wish I'd kept to the facechart more accurately with this, as I adore that blunt liner thing they got there.

Thanks for looking,
Ruth x

No comments:

Post a Comment