Monday 4 July 2011

Disney Sidekick Pain and Panic/Vani inspired EOTD

  I had wanted to do a blue and red eye-look inspired by Pain and Panic from Disney's Hercules since I first started the *sort of* series I have going. (So far I did Zazu (Lion King), Flit (Pocahontas) and Mushu (Mulan) incase you missed it.) 
I always love seeing Disney themed looks on other blogs and on youtube so I'm continuing with it.

 Look at those little guys. The comic relief of Hercules. My hair is partly inspired by their master Hades too, as he is blue through and through ("aye- verse- oi!"

Another awesome blue haired person is Vani the shop girl (who along with Yuka models for and sells Japanese brand 6%Dokidoki). Isn't she awesome? She wears one eye red, one eye blue quite often. I'd call it her signature eye-makeup. Well... I stole it. She first came to my attention through Shrinkle's blog, the founder of Sugarpill who I have been following online since I was about 16. Yes, I am an internet stalker. 
In honour of this obsession fact the main lid colours for each eye are from Sugarpill (Love+ and Afterparty).










Products
Base - UDPP in Eden, NYX Jumbo pencil in Milk (inner corner).
Eyeshadows on blue side - MAC Wisteria eyeshadow (Light blue from l/e Dame Edna trio), Sugarpill Afterparty, Fyrinnae 1.22 Gigawatts (crease), Inglot .
Eyeshadows on red side - Urban Decay Heat deluxe eyeshadow, Sugarpill Love+, Inglot raspberry red (AMC 74) and matte skintone (352) and white (373) to blend to brow.
Liner - Blue Kryolan cream liner, Red Inglot gel liner (79), UD Perversion to tightline/on waterline (set with black from Sleek Acid palette).
Mascara - Boujois Volumizer in Black.
Brows - Fyrinnae 1.22 gigawatts mixed with Illamasqua sealing gel.
Face - Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizer in Porcelain, Clinique translucent powder, Sleek blush in Santorini and some MAC beauty powder in Pretty Baby to tone it down a bit (from Hello Kitty l/e collection).

My brows would work better this way if I had no brow hairs. I don't know if I dare go there. I'm sure I'll figure out smart blue brows soon. 
Thanks for looking,


Ruthy x

7 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! *dies* Hercules is one of the best Disney movies and I love Pain and Panic. The bit where they're drinking the pop and wearing the Air Hercs... lulz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I'm going to link to this on my latest Megara post. Gotta spread the Disney/Hercules love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "If.. if is good."

    Pain & Panic are brilliant, but this look is even more so. I can't decide which eye I like better, it's a very cute look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm glad you liked it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, love this sooooo much. Disney movies are the best and especially the villians/sidekicks :). Love the dual natured makeup, so cute!
    ~Shannon
    http://lipstickmakesthegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing I also love love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Although Vani is my least favourite girl, her makeup is very memorable, really a signature style and I like your take on it very much.

    Shrinkle <3 !

    ReplyDelete